Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

12. Finding Information - 2

A friend gave me what he had on Malaysia which he'd had from a number of years ago and he advised me to contact the TOURISM MALAYSIA OFFICE in Australia. Their head office is in MELBOURNE at 355 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. Telephone +61-3-9654 3177 - 61 is the country code and 3 is the area code. If you were to ring from anywhere in Australia then you'd dial 03 96543177. They also have offices in NSW and Western Australia.


I contacted them last year and a very nice gentleman sent me some information, and included in it was a booklet on Melacca. I did eventually make it into the city a fortnight ago but sadly, they no longer have brochures for each place - none on Melacca at all. The lady there said they used to have much more, but the ones they receive from Malaysia now are separated into "sections".

Tourism Malaysia - Melbourne Office
For example, Southern Region, which includes Melacca, Negeri Sembilan and Johor. There's the East Coast Region which includes Pahang, Terengganu and Kelantan - traditions, beaches, highlands. The only information in it about the Cameron Highlands was eleven lines and a list of "must do". I didn't learn anything I didn't know before. She did say they used to have a separate brochure for the CH but alas, it like so many others are no longer available.

From the information I had posted to me last year was a booklet titled Malaysia Travel Guide - a glossy, shiny book. The ones they have now, while having the same information are no longer glossy and shiny.

Colourful Kites in the Office
Even if I wasn't able to find the information I was seeking, this wonderful display of kites hanging from the ceiling in their office was a sight to behold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...