Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

7. Accommodation

This is an edit update - Warning: The Old Penang Guesthouse in Penang bore no description to their website. It was a terrible place in a very seedy part of town and I felt very unsafe just walking there. I stayed elsewhere.
Also Kang Travellers Lodge (Daniels Lodge) in the Cameron Highlands was very dirty, had open drains, the toilets were disgusting and the man running the place wore nothing but a pair of jeans - bare foot and bare chested. I didn't stay there either and would advise others not to stay at either of these properties. I will post about this in fuller detail a little later. (Edited on 25th March)



After having made the decision of which hotel/guesthouse to stay in, it came time to make reservations. When I tried making a booking through a hotel website, it came up as no rooms vacant. Right, I thought to myself, I'll just go straight to the horse's mouth so to speak. In other words, book directly with the accommodation place. So that is what I did, and found there were vacancies at the place in Penang.
Anyway my accommodation is as follows -

Cambodia
Siem Reap - Two Dragons...2 nights

Malaysia
Kualar Lumpur - Tunes Hotel at LCCT (Airport)...1 night
Penang - Old Penang Guesthouse...3 nights
Cameron Highlands (Tanah Rata) - Kang Travellers Lodge (Daniels Lodge)...2 nights
Melacca - Heeren House...3 nights

Below are photos of the places I'm staying. As I haven't yet left Melbourne, I don't have any photos of my own - the following are from the accommodation websites.

Two Dragons Guesthouse - Siem Reap
 

Tunes Hotel LCCT - Kuala Lumpur
 

Address is ~ Tunes Hotel KLIA-LCCT Airport
Lot PT 29, Jalan KLIA S4, 64000 KLIA
Selangor Darul Ehsan

Old Penang Guesthouse - Georgetown
 

Kang Travellers Lodge - Tanah Rata
 

Heeren House - Melacca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...