Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Monday

1. The Beginning - Booking My Tickets

Monday 22 February 2010

Well this is the first post for this blog - and I've realised it's only 17 days to go! It all started back in September last year (2009). Air Asia emailed me (I joined their mailing list some months previously) and they had a big sale on - $119 Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. $238 return Melbourne to Malaysia seemed like a pretty good deal to me. Add $20 for checked luggage - a total of $258. It cost more to fly to Darwin and Perth - even Melbourne to Christchurch was much dearer.

Anyway, I asked a few people was this a cheap fare? Evidently it was a very cheap fare - someone said they paid over $400. So, on the 9th September, I booked my return flight. Now, thinking that accommodation would be around $30 per night, I decided to stay for 6 nights only. I was due to fly out 11 March 2010 around 1.00am (Melbourne time), landing in KL at 6.35am (Malaysian time). My return flight was departing KL 18th March at 1.10am.

After being advised that it really wasn't long enough and then finding out that prices in Malaysia are waaay cheaper than here, I decided to change my flight details. Alas, most of the cheap fares ($119) had gone - the best I could do was 11 nights with a return flight departing at 13.20pm and arriving home at 12.10am the next day. I would have liked to have had a few extra days, but didn't see the point in paying an extra $80 or so for the privilege. So - 11 nights in total. Departing Melbourne 11th March at 1.10am arriving in KL at 6.35am, the return being 22nd March 13.20pm arriving Melbourne 23rd March at 12.10am. Cost an extra $28 to change the flight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...