Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Saturday

49. Artisans d'Angkor 4 - Cafe garden

Oops, I nearly forgot!
After buying the lovely things from the shop, I walked out and then realised I had forgotten to get something for my Mum. So I went straight back and as the ladies looked up at me (I had spent an inordinate amount of time deciding what to buy), I said I forgot to buy something for my mother. I didn't take long this time around, found a lovely purple eye glasses case and I was finished.

One thing I do know, next time I'm there, I'll be able to make my mind up far more quickly - oh yes, I definitely plan to return to Siem Reap. Now...if I could just refill my pocket up quickly! I'm keeping an eye out for "specials" - cheap flights from Melbourne to KL.


Time for a cuppa
As I stepped out of the shop door for the last time, I thought I'd love to sit under the trees and have a tea or something. There was a lovely little cafe in the garden and a gazebo with timber table and chairs. The weather by now was very hot indeed, and I bought an icecream. Not the shop bought stuff like Peters or Streets - no, this was the real thing - home-made icecream. Cambodian ice-cream is delicious. I bought a local fruit variety. From memory, it was one ringott 50 sen.

Above: Outdoor dining area
This is where I sat while enjoying the most delicious ice-cream. There was a faint breeze which while not cool, was nonetheless very pleasant. Especially sitting in the shade inhaling the fragrances of the flowers and gardens.


Above: Silk Farm gardens
As you can see, there are a couple of undercover picnic areas here with lush gardnes full of greenery, Hibiscus and Frangipani - everywhere you look in Cambodia there is Frangipani. Such a lovely flower with velvety textured petals. Just as I was thinking I really should be gettign a move on, my driver Pookeah came across and I could see that he wanted to be off. The poor man, having to hang around and wait for me when he probably wanted to get home for lunch. I was a bit thoughtless I suppose and hadn't thought of this.


Above: Silk Farm Roadsign
After clambering back in the tuk tuk we set off and as we started to turn onto the road, I asked my driver if he could stop for me so I could take a photo of the sign. He did and I did then we were on our way. Funny thing, the drive back seemed to take no time at all - no more touring around, we went straight back to the Two Dragons.

I had had a lovely time, seen some amazing things, bought some of the most beautiful hand made items and was very happy. It was really relaxing just sitting down and being driven along - not a care in the world. It's a nice feeling.

I would recommend anyone going to Siem Reap to visit the silk farm at Artisans d'Angkor, it is well worth it and even if you're on a very tight schedule, do make the effort to go there - you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...