Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Sunday

42. Prea Prohmreah Pagoda - 4

 
Above: Spindled windows
If you look to the right hand side you will notice the spindled windows - and that intricate verandah is so detailed - it was eye-catching with all that gold.

 
Above: Offerings for Buddha
This is a close up of the bright temple where you leave offerings for Buddha. You can see the sign on the left side of the altar.

 
Above: Vihear (prayer hall)

 
Above: A Buddhist monk
As I was walking around, I saw this monk and I asked him politely (and respectfully) if I could take a photo. He graciously agreed.

I had read before leaving home, that when speaking to monks, a female must never touch a monk - in other words don't put your hand out to shake hands. It's some sort of no-no for a female to have contact with them. As with any religious person, be they monks, priests or nuns, it matters not which religion they belong to, you should always show them respect - this is my belief and what I do.

As I started to leave, I felt at peace and one with the world. There's a sort of serenity and calmness you have when you're in such a place as this.

It was time to go back to my driver and set off.

2 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful and lovely post !! I really appreciate your words and blog too !!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

Thanks for your kind words, I am happy you're enjoying my blog.
Cheers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...