Pages

Flowers of Cambodia & Malaysia

Melbourne Time

Malaysia Time

Click On Your Flag To Translate

Malaysia and Cambodia

Hello,

This is about my upcoming trip to Malaysia and Cambodia. The first part is pre-trip - information about flights, itineraries, accommodation and all the things that you need to do to plan an overseas holiday. This is my first trip to Asia and I hope it may help others. Comments are very welcome and anyone who has travelled to Malaysia and/or Cambodia, please feel free to comment and offer any advice or tips that you think would be helpful. As of today ( 28th February) , in exactly 11 days (minus 30 minutes) I will be in Kuala Lumpur.
Cheers.

I had the most amazing time and hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Each post is numbered and I'm doing them in order from start to finish - a little like a diary.

ANGKOR WAT SUNRISE




Thursday

45. Countryside - The Real Cambodia 2

The countryside was flat and quite green. Lush trees in parts, then smaller vegetation. Crops were growing though from my view in the tuk tuk I was unable to make out what they were.

Above: Father and son
This man and his young son were walking along the riverbank collecting things which the young boy carried in the bag.

Above: Searching for food
A young ox eating grass - he was not as thin as the other animals I saw, perhaps because he was only young.

Above: Swimming
When I saw these two animals swimming I was so excited - I thought they were hippos because that is just what they looked like. It is only now as I'm typing these words, after enlarging the photo for a better look that I realised they are oxen! Just as well I did zoom the photo isn't it, otherwise I'd have made a big boo-boo!

Above: Baskets to markets
The lady taking her baskets to market - the one on her left at the back (right side in the photo) is filled with what looks like green vegetables and something red. A cloth perhaps to protect them from the sun?

Above: Cambodian houses
The man appears to be working on something and in the shelter on the right side there's a hammock and a number of household items hanging up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...